RED BRIDGE HALF DAY TOUR
Fun & interesting half-day learning about Vietnamese food and the Hoi An way of life. Already in its 12th year this popular tour is listed in all the major guidebooks.
From 8.15am to 1pm
Guided tour of Hoi An’s colourful central market, boat trip on the Hoi An River, herb garden walk, 2 hours hand on cooking class, and finish with lunch.
US$35 p.p. inclusive of a US$1 transaction fee. *
Please email us after payment with your preferred dates, and we will send back a full confirmation – email@example.com
* Please consider to add US$2 to support our charity New Borns Vietnam in saving sick babies throughout the country.
For further details visit www.newbornsvietnam.org
All payments are processed by PayPal. Secure online payment via PayPal or credit card.
We start the day (8.15am) with a welcome drink at Hai Café (98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 3863210) – our meeting point.
Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – the Red Bridge chefs first demonstrate each dish before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool – towels and showers provided.
- Rice paper (making)
- Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
- Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs, Bean Sprouts & a Peanut Sauce
- Seafood Salad with Tra Que Herbs
- Quang Nam Style Fresh Noodles with Chicken
- Food Decoration – Tomato Rose & Vietnamese Hand Fan
Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
BBQ lemongrass beef with local herbs, lettuce & mustard leaf wraps (not included in the demonstration).
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Café.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic), and 1 water at Red Bridge.
- Local English speaking tour guide and chef.
- Boat trip.
- Cooking demonstration and lunch.
- All recipes and notes.
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
- Free use of the Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
- Taxis are available back to town / beach area for around US$3-4 per car.
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Children 7 years or older may join the tour – full price.
Children 6 years or less may follow along but for safety reasons no actual cooking – No charge.
Children 6 years and younger can order direct from our a la carte menu!
Cooking tour operates everyday of the year.
Tour is conducted in English.